So far from what I have learned from this class, is that there is no easy solution to fixing our current environmental and health problem stemmed from usage of resources and pollution, due to our economic system, mindsets, and lifestyles.As a society I really think we have attacked the underlying problems for our problems. I think the main problem, would be our consumption. America and the world has adopted this lifestyle of consumption and materialism.I don't think it's bad to buy things you want with money. But do we really need every iteration of an Ipod or phone, most of the time there really isn't that much of an improvement. As an individual I think I have started to ask and question myself about my needs. Just because I have money in my pocket, doesn't mean should spend it, which was a bad habit of mine. I found hobbies and adopted a different mindset. It's much better to create then to consume.
I think the most interesting thing I have learned about this semester is that there is no simple fix to any of our problems to helping the environment. I always assumed that when I recycled, that my cans were going to be used for something useful, only to find out that once again lobbyist and good marketing and of course money creates a myriad of problems and difficulties.
No comments:
Post a Comment