Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Field Trip.

A little over a week ago I went to the Moreno Valley Badlands where the culmination of the Inland Empire's sins are left and deposited. I was expecting a desolate wasteland of utter garbage., but it was a lot cleaner then I had imagined and on a much smaller scale then what is shown on the movies. It kind of reminded me of the movie Mad Max. I learned from our shockingly attractive tour guide that they use methane energy and use it to power some sort of contraption that produces electricity. I also found out that the trash is compacted upon several layers of sediment, not sure what the specific term is. It was pretty crazy how many birds where there, but hey, I bet there were a couple uneaten big macs hiding in the rubble. I also learned that you should wear shoes and not espadrilles, just kidding. But it was interesting to know that our everyday appliances carry chemicals in them that can be dangerous to the environment long term if they aren't dealt with, specifically freon.

No comments:

Post a Comment