Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Blog # 7 Electronic Deprivation
This was extremely hard for me due to my addiction to music. I don't have an mp3 player, so I listen on my laptop to music, and since I'm an undiscovered writer and (extremely underrated) I couldn't finish typing my scrolls. I guess I better get out the eucalyptus sheets. My mom didn't like the idea of me cutting of the air conditioning. I think she's menopausal and has been experiencing hot flashes. Since I live in an apartment the clothes situation was rather difficult and I also live with 4 difficult human being so I was forced to still use the washer machine, but I did not use the dryer, so I cut down on my electric bill by 10 bucks. Instead of watching Netflix and making beats on my laptop I decided that I could ride my bike. I lost 1 pound and felt somewhat better about myself. Every second was temptation, the keyboard grew a mouth and started talking to me, gotta lay off the mushrooms. But I would continue cutting down on using electrical appliances, It's a lot nicer to get outside, especially since the weather is cooling down. I ride the bus already as it is, so I'm not worried about my carbon emissions. But I faced a dilemma with taking showers. Sorry but I have to smell nice for the ladies. I will continue to cut down on electricity usage with my appliances and I will continue the great habits that I already have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so glad you posted so I could reply. It is amazing how fast you can get use to downsizing either in electricity or just plain "stuff". I think that is why I enjoyed backpacking so much years ago. It showed me way back then how much I could do without and not only survive but thrive. Glad you are in the class, hope you are enjoying the company. See you tomorrow. :)
ReplyDeleteNetflix would be the hardest to resist. Who's going to watch all of those Kitchen Nightmares?! Someone has to do it, even it means sacrificing our planet.
ReplyDeleteThe sad part about my netflix addiction is that I just sent an order for Showgirls, yes the one featuring the Elizabeth Berkely.
ReplyDelete